I believe in Newton's Third Law

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
It happens in reality. It really does.

Want to share about your thoughts?
Email me: daniawwrr@yahoo.com :)

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Younger Years

Hey folks, it's my third post for today. Hahaha I'm sorry for writing too often. Yea, so like I've said before, I was planning to go to a concert. It's called Tribute To Legends, held in Gedung Kesenian Jakarta. There were performances from some singers who usually sing at cafes, restaurants and all that stuff. So they brought oldies songs which used to be so famous in the 50's-70's (if I'm not mistaken).

Some of them are my dad's friends. He first met them in some cafes and restaurants. And you know what, they're not just like some regular singers. I saw 2 of them performing at a cafe, and they were awesome.

And here are some photos. But I didn't upload all of them (all of the singers), too many! And I apologize for my bad pics. Taking stage-photos is not easy.
Photobucket
It was my first time to visit GKJ, hahaha

Photobucket
The Legend Big Band

Photobucket
George Laisina, sound of Frank Sinatra

Photobucket
Sis, sound of Matt Monroe

Photobucket
Imelda, sound of Doris Day
I saw her performing once before

Photobucket
Noenoe Poernomo, sound of Tom Jones

Photobucket
Baginda, sound of Engelbert Humperdink (look at his palm!)

Photobucket
Dancers from UI

Photobucket
The Four Brothers (or what, I forgot)

Photobucket
Santo, sound of Nat King Cole (this is not his Nat-King-Cole-like performance)

Photobucket
Then finally, Johnny Kiliaan, sound of Elvis Presley.
I saw him performing once before. Though he doesn't really look like Elvis, but when his voice comes out, you will feel like watching the real Elvis in the 50's-70's.

Photobucket
The ambassador of America was there too. He said that the shows made him homesick.

Photobucket
my mom and my dad, and some singers my dad have known

Photobucket
Johnny Kiliaan and his daughter, with my dad and me

You know what, I felt like 25 years older that day. Because I guess I was the only 15-year-old girl there. Most of the people who came were about 30 years and above (I don't know if there were some young people also). Haha whatever. I think this concert was amazing. I realized that we have to appreciate some talented singers who are not famous. And I know that those oldies are so meaningful to the people, it reminded them about their younger years, about their childhood, their families, their first love, and all that stuff.

Yea it was interesting! Luckily I was allowed to take pics though they informed (before the show) that taking pics was prohibited.

Okay folks, tomorrow is a holiday. But on the next day (Saturday), exams will be started. Haaaa wish me luck! Bye!

No comments: